Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Going for the Gold

So, between my youth conference this past weekend (which by the way had an Olympic theme), watching the Olympics every night, and switching to full time with my job a sister is BEAT!!!  However, I try not to turn on the Olympics every night and I can't stop watching! Maybe because they only come on every 4 years, or maybe it awakens a competitive spirit in us, or maybe because you just want to cheer on the home time - but the Olympics has overcome my life and most of the people I know.  So, this week I had to dedicate my 20two questions to my inner Olympic Spirit....


This is me circa 1985.


1. Did anyone else want to be a gymnast when they grew up? 
2. Am I the only one who is staying up way pass their bedtime in order to watch the Olympics?

3. Is going to the Olympics on any one's bucket list?

4. Is my mind the only one going to a not so holy place when  looking at the male gymnasts? 

5.  What the heezy happened to Team USA of the men's gymnastics team?
  
6. Am I the only one that wants to do something to Gabby's hair? 
7.  Is the swimming competition inspiring anyone else to take lessons? 

8.  Why are the Olympic commentators so annoying?

9.  Does anybody else remember Keri Strug's famous vault? 


10.  Isn't Bela Karolyi the Phil Jackson of gymnastics?

11.  Speaking of Bela, isn't he looking more and more like the Quaker Oats guy without the mustache?

12. Is anybody else wondering if Michael Phelps is part dolphin?

13.  Was there any little girl in the 80s who didn't want to be Mary Lou Retton? 
14. Does anybody else think they should just cancel men's basketball as a competition and just default it to Team USA for the next century? 
15. Can you name all of the summer Olympic competitions?

16.  Is there an age limit to qualify for the Olympics?

17.  If not, who would support my 2016 campaign to be on the Olympic trampoline team?

18.  Am I the only one that didn't know gymnastics maximum score is no longer 10?

19.  Is anybody else as excited as me about the upcoming track and field events?

20.  When you think of track and field does your mind automatically think of greats like Carl Lewis and Jackie Joyner Kerse?



21. Doesn't this song inspire you to Reach as you go for the gold in your own life?

22.  Anybody want to go to Rio? 


Going for the gold all week,
-N

No comments:

Post a Comment